Web Design & Development Company FAQs
Why Select QCR Technologies For Your Website Design & Development Needs
What programming languages do you code in?
Do you use proprietary technology or open source? Are there any licensing fees?
We work exclusively with open source technologies that do not require any ongoing fees.
Our preferred platforms and frameworks include:
- WordPress – Recommended content management system (CMS) for most websites.
- Magento – Recommended platform for ecommerce websites.
- Shopify- Recommended platform for ecommerce websites.
- Bootstrap – HTML/CSS/JS framework for responsive websites.
- Codesignator Framework – PHP framework for application based websites.
- Laravel Framework – PHP framework for application based websites.
What image formats do you design in?
Website designs are created in Adobe Photoshop (.PSD) and organized into proper layers and groups. Logo and branding designs are created in Adobe Illustrator (.AI) with vector layers.
Do you custom design website or use pre-made templates?
All of our designs are 100% custom.
Will I get ownership of the code and design files?
Yes. You will retain full ownership of all source code and raw design files.
Am I responsible for providing content?
We encourage clients to provide content about their business such as ‘About Us’ and ‘Mission Statement.’ Our content writers are experts in writing copy for service and product pages.
Am I responsible for providing images?
Websites look best with real photos. If you do not have any, we will provide stock photos at no additional charge.
Will my website be compatible with smartphones, tablets, and other devices?
Yes. We design websites with a responsive layout and test compatibility on all common devices. Responsive website design improves not only the user experience, but also search rankings.
Do you create a logo for my site?
If you do not yet have a logo, we start by creating your logo and branding guidelines.
Will there be any downtime to my website?
We work in a code repository in our development environment which allows us to push changes to production with virtually zero downtime.
People & Process
Who will be working on my website?
It takes a team to create a winning website. Common roles and responsibilities include:
- Project Manager – online marketing guru and liaison between your business and the Qcr team.
- Web Strategist – creates the website blueprint.
- SEO Specialist – Onsite SEO including page titles & metas
- Content Writer – writes webpage copy (if needed)
- Web Designer – designs all web pages
- Graphic Designer – designs logo (if needed) and website graphics
- Web Developer – codes all website designs and technical optimizations
- QA Specialist – performs quality control and tests functionality
- Server Administrator – server-side optimizations, web hosting (if needed), site migration
How will we communicate and how often? What involvement is required from me?
Communication is key to a successful website project.
On a typical project, client involvement is most frequent during the planning and design stages. A project management portal is provided where the client may check the progress at anytime as the team works through the initiatives.
The method of communication depends on the client and may involve a combination of emails, calls, in-person meetings, and screen-sharing presentations.
How long does it take to create a complete website?
The timeline varies based on the complexity of the project and client feedback. A standard website takes over 30 days from start to finish.
How do you handle ongoing maintenance and additional requests?
All websites come with 12 months of maintenance which includes CMS updates, ongoing monitoring, visual inspections, website backups, and security checks. You may continue the maintenance plan after the 12 months for a flat monthly fee.
You may also engage our team for additional website changes and additions on an hourly basis.
What are your payment terms?
Web design & development services may follow one of two engagement models, depending on your business needs and project scope.
- Fixed Price – Projects with a well-defined scope are invoiced a fixed price.
- Ad-hoc Hourly-Ongoing work and updates are invoiced on an hourly basis
Give us a call at (914) 810-8030 to discuss your website needs.